Sunday, February 10, 2013

Some Explaining To Do

Okay, I know. The last few entries I had written were quite depressing. Obviously, I was going through pain for a few months. You see, I am quite sensitive when it comes to people's feelings. I really am. When I enter a room, I can already sense the vibe that has been going on there. If you are close to me, I can not only pick up your mood, but feel what you are feeling. It's a gift, but at the same time, it's difficult because I feel the suffering, and I really feel the pain. I do know when your heart is breaking. And it breaks mine as well.

One does not need a tsunami or be in a state of calamity to know you have hit rock bottom. One does not require death, or a loss of a job to feel one's world crush before her very eyes. Triggers are all different for everyone, I surmise. But as I said, the blow is all the same. The heart bleeds, all too profusely, and length of time for the broken pieces to be mended is different, but the intensity, the severity, the dent it leaves, the trauma, they are all the same for everyone.

What is my point? We are all different and unique. We have different experiences in this world. Each day is new, each happiness, each sorrow, but the feelings, coming from different sources, they are what bind us together. The link that creates connections, relationships, friendships. I see this as my ability. To recognize what you are feeling, because this is akin to people.

Just want to say, actually, is that I do get it. I do get you. No judgment, no biases.

No comments:

Post a Comment