Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bag Review: The Dooney and Bourke Leather Davis Tassel Shopper

Alright. I'm no bag snob, and I am only starting to collect bags now that I am fast approaching mid-life....

It started with my birthday. I thought, I deserved a good leather bag that was for keeps. I was initially pointing towards Banana Republic, but my bag expert friends discouraged me. With the sales everywhere in January, I realized I had an opportunity.

So I looked, and looked and looked. Bloomingdales, Macy's, Dillards, Nordstrom. Every day, night, until I realized how bags can be such a good, sturdy accessory to your outfit. Not only that, they are essential in protecting your stuff, so they can't be worn and torn easily.

I came across this bag. And the beautiful color TEAL was 50% off!!! My friends said, just buy it. So with the help of technology, and Johnny Air Cargo, I purchased this.




What do I like about this bag? Firstly, the price was just unbelievable. Secondly, once you opened the package, the distinct smell of leather permeated any place you bring it to. Even my hubby, the "practical" partner in our union, was spellbound.

The bag space is roomy, with many pockets that you can put your cellphone, comb, silica gels (ignorant me, I used to throw them. Bobo), and even a short leather strap to attach your wallet or key chains. Very practical.


The lining is red, which is smart. So all my stuff can be seen in one look. The zipper is essential (I am very paranoid and I feel zippers are necessary. Who knows how quick hands are in digging and getting your stuff).

I love the tassle details with the gold plate that says Dooney & Bourke 1975. Quite classic.

And the bottom has these metal feet that wont make the bag stick on tables that are dirty.

My only problem with the bag is that it is very heavy. I was on shopping mode in SM Megamall and after about 3 hours, my shoulder started to ache a little.

I don't recommend this shopper when traveling due to its heaviness, though.

But for a tote, a leather tote colored TEAL gotten 50% off, it 's all worth it. Especially since it is not produced anymore. Something like a collector's item, I surmise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment