Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Daughter's Birthday

It was my daughter's second birthday today. I started the day with my training, an easy 3.4 k run, and greeted my sweet Ava a happy birthday when she awoke. We had a really simple day today. Went to mass at nine with her lolo and lola and ninang, I treated the family to Mc Donalds and Ava indulged in french fries, rested in the afternoon but attended a 7th birthday party of Rod's friend's daughter. After, we ordered pizza and ate in her Lola Nieves' house, where everyone doted on my little one.

Gosh, another year. I am so thankful that Ava is healthy and strong, well a little too headstrong, but I am glad that I am with her everyday, and now she is attempting to sing and talk in sentences, and climbs up the stairs with more confidence (and more fear for me). Well I cannot help but feel excited, but at the same time scared as she has now entered the wild world of the terrible two stage. All the crying, and the tantrums, and I definitely see a big difference from how she was when she just turned one and now that she is two. She used to be so clingy with me, but now she prefers her yaya's, that in a way makes me feel horrible. Well, I know I should not compete, but should instead be glad that so many people love my daughter.

Anyway, I hope that someday, she may be able to read this message I have for her:

Cutie Pie, I love you very very much and I am so thankful God gave you to me and your dada- Mama

Love love love my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment